1. You must post these rules.
2. Each person has to share 10 things about them.
3. Answer the 10 questions asked to you and invent 10 questions for the people you tag!
4. Choose 10 persons and put their icons on your journal.
5. Go to their pages and inform them they are tagged.
6. Not something like "You are tagged if you read this".
7. You have to legitimately tag 10 people.
10 things about me:
1. I'm super terrible at this sort of thing. You're probably going to get, like, 4 legit things and then the rest are gonna be like, "...I like my cat?" or some bullshit. How bad am I at these? I went and answered the next section first and then came back to this because I got stumped after ONE thing.
2. I work as a naturalist for the park authority, and I can honestly say it is the greatest job in the world and I love every minute of it. I spend my days teaching kids about how awesome nature is, playing with animals and hiking around, because outside is the best side! Yesterday I made some 4 year old kid touch fossilized dinosaur poop. Tell me that's not awesome.
3. I graduated from SCAD, and studied Industrial Design and Ceramics. I can't draw, though.
4. Oh my God, is this only number 4? I'm eating a pudding cup right now and I guess they make these new ones with pre-crushed Oreos you can pour in so I'm kind of digging on that.
5. I got married last September, and the place I sent my dress to to be preserved after caught fire and burnt down. (It's gotten funnier with time.) I got the lace pattern from the dress tattooed on my knee, which was the length of it, as a way to save it and I'm pretty excited to start showing it off in costumes. I've also got a Deathly Hallows tattoo.
6. I think may be the only person on the planet who thinks Torchwood is better than Doctor Who.
7. I want to start getting more into cosplay makeup, and even doing it for other people. I find it a lot of fun, and since I always end up doing it for my friends anyway I think I might start branching out. Next Katsucon for sure but hey, if you're at another con with me before that I'll totally come play Barbie with your face if you want.
8. I just beat Bioshock. Not the new one, the original. It's the first video game I've successfully played and beaten since Pokemon Red. Kind of a big deal for me.
9. I've been cosplaying at conventions since 2006, although obviously I've been a nerd for much longer. I also make all my husband's costumes because he's not a big fan of needles.
10. I can't snap my fingers or whistle.
10 questions for me:
1. What's your zodiac sign? Capricorn
2. Do you have any secret obsessions? Have you ever been babysitting for a friend or whatever and you end up watching one of those animated Barbie movies with some little girl and then you go home and watch like 20 of them on Youtube and they're so formulaic and stupid but you can't stop and you end up having favorites and enjoying the music and knowing when the next one comes out and you feel like you probably need to get your life together? Those.
3. If you had to marry a Disney character, who would it be? I've spent like 5 minutes thinking this over, so thanks for that, guys. Even as a little girl though I was aware that the Beast's voice was sexy as hell, and that's good enough enough for me.
4. Would you rather get in a fist fight with Batman or Thor? Neither, I would die.
5. What color are your eyes? Green.
6. Favorite season and why? I can never pick.
7. What is the worst dubbed version of an anime you have ever seen? I don't watch much anime to be honest, and I usually stick with subs so my nerd friends don't tease me. I caught a few English episodes of Sailor Moon and her voice was pretty annoying so that, I guess?
8. If you had to listen to one musical artist/band for the rest of your life, who would it be? Bruce Springsteen, he is easily my favorite and I can honestly say I am who I am as a person in part thanks to his music. Also he's got a pretty massive discography so I feel like I could change it up a lot and not get bored.
9. Are you a night owl or an early bird? Early bird.
10. Favorite quote to live by? "I haven't got any illusions about anything. Having said that, I still want to try to change things." Joe Strummer of The Clash said that, because he was amazing. I pretty much want to get his face tattooed on my face.
10 Questions for the others:
1. What's your favorite book?
2. If you could live in any one of your fandoms, which would it be?
3. Your favorite place you've ever been?
4. How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
5. Which kids movie still makes you cry?
6. What's your spirit animal?
7. Favorite item of clothing you own?
8. Your very favorite of all your Deviations?
9. Best breakfast cereal?
10. Favorite planet?
Oh my God, I can't think of more people off the top of my head. This is gonna have to happen tomorrow.